James E Rothman PhD
Fergus F. Wallace Professor of Cell Biology and Professor of Chemistry and Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences; Chairman, Department of Cell Biology; Director, Nanobiology Institute
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Cell Biology: Membrane Traffic
Elucidating the underlying mechanisms of vesicular transport within cells; Secretion of hormones and neurotransmitters more...
- B.A., Yale University, 1971
- Ph.D., Harvard Medical School, 1976
- Kümmel, D., Krishnakumar, S.S., Radoff, D.T., Li, F., Giraudo, C.G., Pincet, F., Rothman, J.E., and Reinisch, K.M. 2011. Complexin Cross-links perfusion SNAREs into a Zig-Zag Array. 2011. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 18:927-33.
- Krishnakumar, S.S., Radoff, D.T., Kümmel, D, Giraudo,C.G., Li, F., Khandan, L., Baguley, S.W., Coleman, J., Reinisch, K.M., Pincet, F., and Rothman, J.E. "A Conformational Switch in Complexin is Required for Synaptotagmin to Trigger Synaptic Fusion" Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. (2011) 18, 933-40.
- Li, F., Pincet, F., Perez, E., Giraudo, C.G., Tareste, D., and Rothman, J.E. " Complexin Activates and Clamps SNAREpins by a Common Mechanism Involving an Intermediate Energetic State" Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. (2011) 18, 941-46.