Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural BiologyCell Biology
Unfolded Protein Response (UPR); Endoplasmic Reticulum; Protein Translocation and Insertion; ER stress response; Misfolded Proteins; Protein Quality Control more...
- M.Sc., University of Madras, India, 2001
- Ph.D., University of Goettingen, Germany, 2005
- *Mariappan, M., *Mateja, A., Dobosz, M., Bove, E., Hegde, R. S., and Keenan, R. J. (2011) The mechanisms of membrane associated steps in tail-anchored protein insertion. Nature 477, 61-66.
- Hessa, T., Sharma, A., Mariappan, M., Eshleman, H. D., Gutierrez, E., and Hegde, R. S. (2011) Protein targeting and degradation pathways are coupled for elimination of mislocalized proteins. Nature 475, 393-397.
- Mariappan, M., Li, X., Stefanovic, S., Sharma, A., Mateja, A., Keenan, R. J., and Hegde, R. S. (2010) A ribosome-associating factor chaperones tail-anchored membrane proteins. Nature 466, 1120-1124.