Thomas Dean Pollard
Sterling Professor of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and Professor of Cell Biology and of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry; Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
Cell Biology: Cytoskeletal Dynamics
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: Cell Cycle and Transcriptional Regulation | Structural Biology
Cytokinesis; cellular motility; role of actin filaments and myosin motors more...
- B.A., Pomona College, 1964
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1968
- Vavylonis, D., Wu, J.-Q., Hao, S., O'Shaughnessy, B. and Pollard, T.D. (2008) Assembly mechanism of the contractile ring for cytokinesis by fission yeast. Science 319:97-100.
- Kovar, D.R., Harris, E.S., Mahaffy, R.E., Higgs, H.N., and Pollard, T.D. (2006). Control of the assembly of ATP- and ADP-actin by formins and profilin. Cell 724:423-435.
- Wu, J-Q., Kuhn, J. R., Kovar, D. R. and Pollard, T. D. Spatial and temporal pathway for assembly and constriction of the contractile ring in fission yeast cytokinesis. Devel. Cell 5, 723-734 (2003)